There are plenty of fleet management solutions out there, but how many are actually suitable for fleets running heavy-duty trucks? The good news is that truck fleet management is now easier thanks to advancements in technology.
Here are nine ways Telogis truck fleet management software can help you to run a more profitable and productive fleet:
- Paperless compliance: HOS logbooks and DVIRs to improve reporting, maximize uptime and reduce admin costs
Many drivers struggle to keep up with the paperwork- and human error plays a factor in Form and Manner errors in logbooks.
ELD paperless logbooks can be set to automatically collect driving data, allowing drivers to maximize driving time by recording in single-minute units, not the traditional 15-minute increments. Roadside inspections are often quicker and more efficient too.
DVIRs can now be completed electronically using only a smartphone to capture necessary information and photo evidence and sign off previous reports. Data is automatically uploaded, which means repairs can be scheduled and new parts ordered sooner.
- Drivers can use iOS or Android smartphones and tablets
Telogis will run on any iOS (iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch) or Android device. It’s an easy way to simplify the number of solutions and devices your mobile employees need to deal with. Telogis range of mobile apps to covering compliance, navigation, driver behavior, vehicle inspections and work order management you can keep all this information in one place on a single handheld device.
- Built-in telematics
Traditional telematics used to require that fleet owner to schedule each truck to be fitted with aftermarket GPS tracking hardware before they could be managed. Resulting in unwanted downtime, extra administration and additional costs. Built-in telematics is changing all that by delivering new trucks direct to the buyer with all the necessary hardware installed – you simply need to activate your account online and you have instant truck fleet management.
- Commercial navigation that provides truck-specific routes based on load and truck size
Commercial truck drivers need more than just off-the-shelf navigation – they need navigation software that understands the stress of safely maneuvering an 80,000-pound machine from one destination to the next.
Telogis Navigation offers a number of significant advantages to keep driver stress to a minimum and get them to their next waypoint with maximum efficiency and safety.
- Truck-specific routing – Avoid roads with weight limits or low bridges.
- POI database – More than 10 million POIs (and growing) to highlight safe places for drivers to pull off the road including rest stops and safe overnight parking areas.
- Real-world views – Realistic maps that simulate the next turn helping to prepare drivers for what’s coming next and react safely.
- Trade routes – Some trucking companies use trade routes, which are generally not shown on regular consumer maps/navigation systems.
- Road updates – Get up-to-the-minute notification of any road closures or detours. Verified feedback also helps drivers to respond better to route changes.
- Custom messages – Location-aware custom messages can be added to alert the driver with information as they need it.
- Correct-side approach – Minimize hazardous turns by making sure destinations are always on the correct side of the road.
- Private yard mapping for turn-by-turn directions right to the loading dock
The extra vehicle health data is also helping companies analyze their fleets to identify trends that can be valuable when purchasing new vehicles or developing best practice guidelines.
Telogis sites allow private roads, shopping centers and shipping yards to be mapped and included as part of the turn-by-turn directions given to drivers. Include helpful information such as gate codes, recommended entry and exit or potential hazards.
- Predictive maintenance to maximize uptime
Advanced telematics is providing fleet maintenance managers with a wealth of new diagnostic data on the mechanical health and performance of their trucks.
- Trailer tracking to monitor location, movement and door-open events
Robust, battery-powered GPS tracking hardware can be attached to trailers to monitor real-time location, movement and even when the doors are opened. 24/7/365 trailer monitoring improves security and the GPS coordinates allow you to direct drivers to a specific trailer if it needs moving.
- ETA notifications to work efficiently with shippers/receivers
Accurate ETAs allow you to make reliable appointments with shippers and receivers to avoid bottlenecks and improve through-put. Back-office and dispatch teams get a clear view of what trucks are arriving where, and when.
- Geo-fence alerts for automatic proof of delivery and faster turnaround
A geo-fence is like a virtual perimeter that surrounds a specific location. Using GPS tracking, it allows you to detect when a vehicle, employee or mobile asset enters or exits the area, and has a lot of exciting applications.
Telogis looks after the needs of truck drivers as well by providing easy ways to make their job easier, less stressful and safer. All while simplifying truck fleet management