Transcourt: Oakville, Ontario – The skills it takes to maneuver a tanker truck driver are often put to the test when the winter season arrives.
The next time there is a snowstorm that leaves the streets covered in snow and nice, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Anticipate problem and react appropriately;
- Be proactive in order to prevent accidents;
- Reduce your speed;
- Don’t follow other vehicles closely;
- Inspect your truck and trailer to ensure it’s in good operating condition before starting a trip;
- Utilize truck lights if visibility is reduced;
- Avoid excessive braking;
- Contact your driver manager if the weather conditions interfere with your schedule.